Sunday, October 11, 2009

Birthday Party









My kids get four friend birthday parties. This is what my mom did and I'm glad because when you have six kids they usually come around every year. Anyway, we have them when they turn four, eight, twelve and sixteen. So far they've been really fun, and we have lots of fun planning them together.

My youngest just turned four and wanted a farm party. At first she wanted a princess party, but being the sister of three brothers, she decided that the boys she invited wouldn't appreciate a princess party so much. I'm not sure how she came up with a farm party theme, but it was fun. Here are a few pictures of the invitations we came up with.

She also wanted a pig cake with two butterfly bows. I was kinda rushed at the end, so four gumdrop fruit slices is what we used for the butterfly bows. My girl picked out the gumdrops and seemed happy with it. She wanted to play pin the tail on the donkey, but we changed it to pin the nose on the pink pig. (I think she liked the pig stuff because it was pink.)

Inside the brown party favor bags we had little buckets with farm stickers, farm animals, dollar store stuff and candy.

The little shirt she is wearing is something I made from two bandannas. I didn't have a pattern, so I'm happy with how it turned out. I think she looks so cute too. She was really sweet to her 10 guests and we had a lot of fun.

Next year we have two parties. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cute. I am impressed that you were able to change her mind from a princess party. As a mother of three girls, I am very excited when my kids get excited about anything BESIDES princesses. That is really a great party idea.

    I'm Trisha's sister by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete